“As a Knight in the Chuckey-Doak Middle School family, I pledge to be honest with myself, with others and in my work; to respect myself, my peers, adults and school property; and to be responsible for my actions.”
Come Prepared Do Your Best Make Smart Decisions Show Respect
At Chuckey-Doak Middle School we believe that students....
• should be able to function successfully for all levels of society and understand local, national, and global civic responsibilities, demonstrate active citizenship and develop the interpersonal skills needed to function in society, including accepting responsibility for their behavior.
• should be actively engaged in purposeful learning that prepares the students for their academic future.
• have diverse strengths, skills, interests, backgrounds, and potential.
• should respect and value the diversity of people within the community.
• should read deeply to independently gather, assess, and interpret information from a variety of sources and read avidly for enjoyment and lifelong learning.
• should develop strengths, skills, and interests to have an understanding of his or her potential contribution to society.
At Chuckey-Doak Middle School we believe that teachers...
• should foster the emotional, social, and academic growth of students.
• should demonstrate a positive attitude by caring about and supporting students and each other.
• should communicate clearly with students, parents, and staff.
• should be lifelong learners.
• should respect and recognize the diversity of the student population within the classroom.
• should present rigorous instruction in a dynamic and purposeful manner.
At Chuckey-Doak Middle School we believe that the school...
• should provide various programs to enhance higher levels of learning, including use of current technology.
• should be safe, inclusive, and supportive environment.
• should provide support for successful transitions.
• should include stakeholders in decision-making and encourage stakeholder involvement.
• should assist in the development of positive character and integrity.
4/25/19: Counselors from Frontier Health will discuss how trauma affects students, how families and schools can help students, and services that are available to students and families. Click the link for more details